Are you setting up an amateur football team? Here are 10 things you’re going to need.
1. First and foremost, you’re going to need a kit. Football shirts or jerseys, shorts and socks will help your team look the part on the field of play. You may also want to have your badge, names, numbers or sponsor embroidered or printed on.
2. You may also require tracksuits or training tops, so you can train as a collective and look professional. You can also use these for turning up to matches and for the subs on the line.
3. Undershirts have become a popular clothing item in recent years, with many of the top professional footballers wearing them under their jerseys.
4. You’ll also need to find a pitch to call home. The local council will normally have a selection, although there may already be teams using them. Alternatively, schools and local leisure facilities may have one you can hire.
5. To make sure you’re ready on a matchday, you’re going to need nets for the goal and corner flags. The home team is usually required to bring these.
6. The home team will also be expected to provide a match day ball or two, while you’ll also require some for training.
7. When it comes to training, you may want to buy some bibs, so that the teams can differentiate themselves from each other during a practice match.
8. Training cones are also useful if you’re going to be organising some training drills for the players to do.
9. As football takes place during the winter months, there will come a point when you can no longer train at the local park mid-week. Instead, you’ll need somewhere floodlit.
10. Finally, you’ll need a great team spirit and a lot of dedication, especially if you want to win your league.
Do you need football clothing or any other team sport outfits? You may want embroidered clothing and logo clothing, as well as training tops and tracksuits.
Xamax is a clothing company that provides a wide range of items, including high quality workwear and promotional clothing. Visit Xamax.co.uk to browse its collection.