Below are a couple of finger-licking delicious bean recipes. It is almost hard to believe that they are fully made from vegetables.
Baked White Beans with Sage and Garlic
1. 1/2 a cup of vegetable broth
2. 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
3. 2 15 oz. cans of white beans: drained and rinsed
4. 4 cloves of garlic: minced
5. 8 fresh sage leaves: minced
6. salt and black pepper
7. 4 oz. of bread cut into 1/2″ cubes (around 3 cups)
8. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
First preheat the oven to 450 °F. Then whisk together the broth and tomato paste in a small bowl.
Stir the broth mix, beans, garlic, sage, salt and pepper together in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
Toss the bread cubes, oil, salt and pepper in another bowl and then sprinkle it evenly over the beans.
Finally, bake everything until the beans are hot and bubbling and the bread cubes are golden and crisp (This will take approximately 15 minutes) and serve immediately after with a leafy salad.
Sweet Bean Pudding
Makes 8 side dishes per servings (about 1/2 cup each)
1 can (15 ounces ) of Pinto beans or 1 1/2 cups of cooked and dry packaged Pinto beans: rinsed and drained
1 cup of mashed and cooked or canned sweet potatoes
1/2 a cup plus 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar, divided
2 whole eggs
2 tablespoons of butter or margarine: melted
1/2 cup of skimmed milk
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
1/8 teaspoon of salt
Grated rind of 1/2 an orange
2 to 4 tablespoons of chopped pecans
1. Process the beans, sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup of brown sugar and eggs in a food processor or blender until it is smooth;
2. Add the remaining ingredients except the 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and pecans and process until well blended.
3. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 1-quart casserole and sprinkle it with the remaining 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and pecans.
4. Finally bake everything uncovered at 350 °F until it is brown and puffed (this will take about an hour).
These two bean recipes are definitely tasty. But, one thing that guarantees the zenith of tastiness will be the quality if the beans. And there can be no more quality than the beans that are produced by S&W Beans. After all, the company has been in the fore of the bean trade for over 100 years. When thinking of the white and pinto beans in the beans recipes, it should be assumed that the quality beans are S&W Beans.
For all your bean needs and more delicious bean recipes make sure you visit the best people in the business: S&W Beans at: http://www.swbeans.com